- DOHC Parallel-Twin-Cylinder Engine: Honda twins are famous for their versatility, and the new CBR500R engine is one of our best ever. Using the same piston bore size as our CBR600RR sportbike, the parallel-twin engine offers accessible performance across all RPM ranges.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for a crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding.
- Stainless Steel Exhaust: Beautifully polished stainless steel exhaust is integrated with the rear footpeg set for clean, functional design. The length and diameter of the exhaust pipe contributes to useable power at all RPM ranges.
- Steel-Tube Frame: A motorcycle’s frame is the basis for its handling. A new take on a classic construction, the CBR500R’s diamond-shaped 35mm steel-tube mainframe ties to the engine with four mounts, offering a rock-solid foundation for a superior ride and handling.
- Pro-Link Rear Suspension: A sophisticated chassis with Honda Pro-Link® rear suspension, with 9-stage preload and 4.1 inches travel, gives you a comfortable ride over small bumps, while capably absorbing bigger bumps to increase riding comfort and handling.
- Disc Brakes: Front 320mm wave-style disc brake and 240mm rear provide strong stopping power.
- 12-Spoke Cast Wheels: Strong and stylish, the CBR500R’s aluminum cast wheels are easy to keep clean, look great, and are another feature that just makes sense.
- Supersport Styling: This aerodynamic bodywork also provides significant advantages in air management for added rider comfort, along with a low drag coefficient and effective cooling.
- Halogen Headlights: Twin 55-watt H7 halogen headlights and multi-facet reflectors on the CBR500R give the front end a unique look and also project plenty of light on the road for visibility.
- Digital Instrumentation: A full LCD screen features a digital speedometer and tachometer and more, including a clock, odometer, trip meter, real-time and average fuel consumption meters, and illuminated engine diagnostic indicators.
- Stepped Two-Piece Seat: The new CBR500R offers a step seat with a low height. Perfect for around-town riding or winding roads, it also offers plenty of room for a passenger, and is specially designed to fit a wide range of riders.
- Rear Passenger Grips: Sturdy rear passenger grips offer a firm handhold for your passenger or tie-down points for smaller items.
- Engine Type: 500cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 67.0mm x 66.8mm
- Induction: PGM-FI with 34mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
Chassis / Suspension / Brakes
- Front Suspension: 41mm fork; 4.8 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.1 in. travel
- Front Brake: Twin-piston caliper with single 320mm wave disc
- Rear Brake: Single-caliper 240mm wave disc
- Front Tire: 120/70-17
- Rear Tire: 160/60-17
- Rake: 25.5 deg.
- Trail: 103mm (4.05 in.)
- Wheelbase: 55.5 in.
- Seat Height: 30.9 in.
- Curb Weight: 428 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel -- ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.1 gal. including 0.7 gal. reserve
- Model Id: CBR500R
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Black, Pearl White/Blue/Red, Red
Factory Warranty Information
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.